The Ogden residential sales division helps Sellers, Buyers and Homeowners achieve their real estate goals.
Since 1929 we have helped thousands of people find their new home by counseling them through the buying process. Find out how your Ogden agent can make the process not only painless but exciting: read more »
Selling Your Home: The Process
When you’ve decided to put your house on the market, you want to do everything you can to position it for the best possible price. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the process using the following tips. Then, let the real estate brokers at Ogden & Company, Inc. know how we can help, as you sell your house AND find your new home.
- First, let’s determine what your home is worth. It’s everything from location to curb appeal, from condition to the time of year you put your house on the market. Your Ogden sales professional will look at “recent solds”, homes currently on the market, current interest rates, and more to develop a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) that helps set the asking price for your home.
- Prepare your house. Working to get your home ship-shape for showings will increase its value and shorten your sales time.
- Make minor repairs. Fix as many sticky doors, torn screens, dripping faucets, and other obvious issues as possible.
- Clear the clutter. Clean out closets of old clothes and unused toys. Pack up family photos, knickknacks, and wall hangings. Your goal is to depersonalize your home so that potential buyers can “see themselves” there.
- Do a thorough cleaning. Wash windows, clean carpeting, wash light fixtures and baseboards, mop floors, and give your stove and refrigerator a thorough once-over. Pay attention to details AND spend a weekend cleaning out your garage, your basement, your attic. A clean, uncluttered house makes a strong first impression that your home has been well cared for.
- Let experienced real estate professionals take it from there. Your Ogden agent will oversee the progress of your home sales transaction by:
- Preparing all paperwork, forms, legalities
- Making sure deadlines are met
- Insuring that the buyer submits a loan commitment letter
- Providing you with copies of the home inspection
- Coordinating all activities for the closing
- Reviewing documents and finalizing the transaction with you on closing day
- Wrapping up all final details. When the sale is imminent, your Ogden agent will make arrangements and provide information and contacts for a number of services such as:
- Pre-sale organization
- Final maintenance
- Disconnecting and reconnecting home utilities and services
- Moving and storage
Let the Ogden residential sales professionals guide you from beginning to end. With questions or specific needs, give us a call today!
Find Your Broker Today!